AUSTRIA'S FIRST PLANNED
Impact means effect, i.e. impact banking is the active influence of a bank on the success of a sustainable economic system.
Although numerous political initiatives attempt to prescribe impact-oriented business models (Green Deal, Taxonomy Regulation, CSRD, etc.), these are still quite in their infancy in the financial sector.
ALIA aims to become the first bank in Austria to consistently align its business model with the positive impact of its actions on society and the environment, to measure impact and to make impact transparent.
THE ALIA IMPACT ASSESSMENT
The big difference besides the usual risk assessment is the identification and assessment of a net impact of the financing project - not of the company:
IMPACT TO THE POWER OF FOUR
- Assessment of investment capital according to impact criteria: Exclusion of funds from problematic industries.
- Assessment of deposits according to impact criteria: Exclusion of funds from problematic origins, verification of depositors' financial resources.
- Alignment of internal processes and selection of cooperation partners according to impact criteria: Certification of partners, digital internal processes.
- Assessment of the use of funds according to ALIA- Impact assessment: No credit without positive impact.
The ALIA Impact Board is a committee of the Board of Supervisors, expanded to include subject matter experts, with the following core responsibilities:
- Advising management on all aspects of the impact strategy
- Steering impact management
- Assessment of borderline cases in internal and external projects
- Evaluation of processes and business partners